If you have existing local views that you have created in Visual FoxPro, you can add them to the Data Builder. Normally, you will add the views in an existing database to the Data Builder when you add the database to the Data Builder. See Adding a Database. However, you would have views to add to the Data Builder if you created the views through the Database Designer (that is, through Visual FoxPro outside VPM Enterprise) after you had already added the views’ database to the Data Builder.
Ř To add views to the Data Builder
1. On the Data Builder List page, select the Local Views node under the name of the database that contains the view you are adding.
2. Click the Add button on the List page. VPM Enterprise displays the Add Views dialog.
The Add dialog lets you find the views in the current database that you want to add to the Data Builder.
3. When you find a view to add, highlight it and click the Select button or double-click the view name. The view’s name will appear in the Selected Views list at the bottom of the Add dialog.
4. If you want to add all the views in the database, click the Select All button. VPM Enterprise will display the names of all the views in the database in the Selected Views list at the bottom of the Add dialog.
5. If you want to remove a view from the Selected Views list, highlight the view and click the Remove button or just double-click the view. Click the Remove All button to remove all views from the Selected Views list.
6. When all the views you want to add are displayed on the Selected Views list, click OK. VPM Enterprise displays a dialog asking you to confirm that you want to add the views to the Data Builder. Click Yes to let VPM Enterprise Add the views to the Data Builder.
Tip: After you add a view to the Data Builder, be sure to set up view and field properties for the view as well as the required indexes — see Required Indexes for Views. If you have set up Data Builder Field properties for the tables on which a view is based, run the Update Field Info utility to have VPM Enterprise copy the table’s Data Builder Field entries to the view’s Data Builder Field records – see Update Field Info - Views.
View Data Imported from a DBC
When you add a view to the Data Builder, the Data Builder imports the view structure and all field properties.