The parameters passed to Business Rules record-level methods are described below along with tips for using the parameters.
· stcRulesID: Passes the cRulesID form property value. You can use the cRulesID form property to store a value that is passed to your record-level code.
· For example, if your record-level code needed to know, say, the current application user’s Status, you can store the user’s status in the cRulesID form property and it will be passed to your code. For the user properties available to you, see Error! Reference source not found..
· stoCallingObject: Passes the object reference of the Data Handler object. You can use this object reference to access the methods of the Data Handler object in your code.
· For example, to access the OpenTable method of the Data Handler, your code could use the method call “stoCallingObject.OpenTable(parameters)” where “parameters” is the parameters list expected by the OpenTable method. See the Data Handler Class chapter in the VPME 9.1 Technical Reference manual to learn about the data handler methods available to you.
The additional parameters passed to the Business Rules PreFieldValidation, FieldValidation and PostFieldValidation methods are described below along with tips for using the parameters in your code.
· stcDatabase: Name of database or cursoradapter library that contains the table, view or CursorAdapter that contains the field being validated.
· stcTableOrView: Name of the table, view or CursorAdapter that contains the field being validated.
· stcField: Name of the field being validated.
· stValue: The value to be validated. Use this value in your code.