Strings stored in the VPME Data Builder are translated when they are displayed, as follows:
· Table Descriptions: The table descriptions entered in the Data Builder need to be translated. The user sees table descriptions on the Reindex/Pack Tables, Order, and Condition Builder forms. Those forms translate the table descriptions as they load the array that is displayed through a listbox, textbox, or combobox, respectively.
· Set Integrity: The descriptions that are entered in the Data Builder for Set Integrity need to be translated. When the F2 button is pressed for a field on a form, the AdminTool_F2 method of the Form_ class in the PROForms class library performs the translation as it builds the array that is displayed through a listbox on the Picklist form.
· Error Messages: The error messages (expressions) that are entered in the Data Builder need to be translated. The FieldValidation method of the Data Handler object evaluates the expression and the resulting string is passed to the DisplayMessage method of the Messaging object as an alternate message. The Display Message method translates any alternate message that is passed to it by calling the TranslateString method of the Multilingual object.
· F3 Help: In an application, F3 Help text can be created and modified in two ways. First, the System Administrator can use the Data Manager to create or modify F3 text in SDATADDFH, where the Master Language F3 text is stored. Second, the user can press Alt+F3 when the focus is on a control that is bound to a field that is in the data dictionary. The F3 form that comes up allows the user to edit the text that is displayed. If the user is using the Master Language, the modified text is stored in SDATADDFH. If the user is not using the Master Language, the modified text is stored in the String Translations table. The first 25 characters of the table and field names are concatenated and placed in the CSTRINGID field to identify the field for which the text is being stored. The CUSEID field contains “F3” to identify the F3 text records. The modified text is stored in the STR_TEXT field.
· Index Tag Descriptions: The index tag descriptions that are entered in the Data Builder need to be translated. The user sees tag descriptions on the Order form. The Order form translates the tag descriptions as it loads the array that is displayed through a listbox.