You access the Language Builder from the Visual ProMatrix Tools menu.
The Language Builder is a Form Toolbar form with two pages:
· Language Page: The Language page (shown above):
· Displays the Language ID, Description and any Comments you choose to enter.
· Lets you run the “Create String Records” utility to collect strings in known locations (see Language Builder – Create String Records).
· Properties Page: The Properties page (shown below) lets you:
· Set a language’s date and currency properties.
· Select the application elements to be translated at runtime.
· Select string elements to be added to the String table when running an application (see Add Missing String Records).
Language Builder Functionality
During application development, you use the Language Builder to manage the languages available to an application. The Language Builder lets you view and modify the records in an application’s Languages Table (SVPMLanguages.dbf).
You use the Language Builder to:
· Add: Add languages to an application (see Adding a Language).
· Delete: Delete languages from an application (see Deleting a Language).
· Dates: Set a language’s date properties (see Setting Language Date Properties).
· Currency: Set a language’s currency properties (see Setting Language Currency Properties).
· Translate: Select the application elements to be translated at runtime (see Selecting Application Elements to Translate).
· Create String Records: Creates String table records from known string sources (see Language Builder – Create String Records).
· Add Missing Strings: Select string elements to be added to String table when running an application (see Add Missing String Records).