You use the Visual FoxPro Table Designer reached through the Designer button on the Data Builder List page to modify a table that is already in the VPM Enterprise Data Builder. If you rename a table field or both add and delete fields while in the Table Designer, you must update the Data Builder information for the table through the Data Dictionary Update dialog.
Ø To modify a table in the Data Builder
1. Select the table you want to modify in the treeview list. Click the Designer button. VPM Enterprise displays the Visual FoxPro Table Designer.
2. Table Designer: Modify the table in the Visual FoxPro Table Designer. When you are finished making modifications, click OK.
3. Data Dictionary Update: If you rename a field or both add and delete fields, VPM Enterprise displays the Data Dictionary Update dialog.
4. Map Fields: The Data Dictionary Update dialog maps the fields in the modified table (1st column) to the fields previously recorded in the Data Builder for the table (2nd column). The mapping is based on the field names in the table and in the Data Builder. You need to extend or modify the mapping in the following situations:
· New Field: If you have added a field to the table, find the field in the first column and select the New Field entry in the Map to combo box at the bottom of the dialog by highlighting “New Field” and pressing Enter. “New Field” should appear in the second column across from the new field name in the first column.
· Renamed Field: If you have renamed a field in the table, find the new field name in the first column and select the old field name in the Map to combo box. The old field name should appear in the second column across from the new field name in the first column.
5. After each field in the first column is mapped to either “New Field” or an existing entry in the second column, click OK. VPM Enterprise updates the Data Builder with your table modifications.