You use the Visual FoxPro View Designer reached from the Designer button on the Data Builder List page to modify a view that is already in the VPM Enterprise Data Builder. If you rename a view field or both add and delete fields while in the View Designer, you must update the Data Builder information for the view through the Data Dictionary Update dialog.
Ø To modify a view in the Data Builder
1. Select View: Select the view you want to modify on the Data Builder List page. Click the Designer button. VPM Enterprise displays the Visual FoxPro View Designer.
2. View Designer: Modify the view in the Visual FoxPro View Designer. When you are finished making modifications, click OK.
3. Data Dictionary Update: If you rename a field or both add and delete fields, VPM Enterprise displays the Data Dictionary Update dialog.
4. Map Fields: The Data Dictionary Update dialog maps the fields in the modified view (1st column) to the fields previously recorded in the Data Builder for the view (2nd column). The mapping is based on the field names in the view and in the Data Builder. You need to extend or modify the mapping in the following situations:
· New Field: If you have added a field to the view, find the field in the first column and select the New Field entry in the Map to combo box by highlighting “New Field” and pressing Enter. “New Field” should appear in the second column across from the new field name in the first column.
· Renamed Field: If a field in the view has been renamed, find the new field name in the first column and select the old field name in the Map to combo box. The old field name should appear in the second column across from the new field name in the first column.
5. After each field in the first column is mapped to either “New Field” or an existing entry in the second column, click OK. VPM Enterprise updates the Data Builder with your view modifications.