By default, VPME does not prevent duplicate primary keys in remote data that you access with a remote view. VPME relies on the data engine of the remote database to handle duplicate primary keys after a transaction is submitted, which is normally what you want.
However, if you need to do so, you can set up VPME to prevent duplicate primary keys for remote views when the remote view is used with a form based on the VPME Form_Toolbar class.
Ø To prevent duplicate primary keys in remote data accessed with a remote view
1. Create Remote PK View: Create a remote view that includes the primary key of the remote data. For speed, include only the primary key in the remote view.
2. View Filter: When creating the Remote PK View, include a PKValue filter on the primary key of the remote data. See View Filters.
3. Select Remote View: Select the remote view on the Data Builder List page. Click the Edit page.
4. Use Duplicate PK View: Check the use Duplicate PK View check box.
5. View: Enter the name of the Remote PK View.
6. Database: Enter the name of the database that contains the Remote PK View.