If you select the Same As field validation type, the Integrity dialog looks like this:
Same As validation provides a shortcut that lets you validate a field the same as another field in a table or view. If several fields use the same validation rules, you only need to set up the validation for one field. You can use Same As validation for other fields to validate them just as the field you set up.
Tip – Not for Referential Validation: Same As validation cannot be used for Referential validation. You cannot validate a field the same as another field that uses Referential validation.
Tip – CursorAdapters: You cannot validate a field the same as another field in a CursorAdapter. However, you can validate a CursorAdapter field the same as another field in a table or view.
Ø To set up Same As validation for a field
1. Select Same As validation on the Type combo box. VPME transforms the Integrity page to display a treeview of the databases, tables, views and fields in the Data Builder.
2. Navigate through the treeview and select the field whose validation this field should use.
3. Click the Options combo box to turn on validation for the field. Choose the validation option that you want.
4. If you want to allow users to override an entry that fails validation, check the Override check box.
5. Click the Level combo box to select when field validation should be run.
6. When you leave the Integrity page for the field, VPM Enterprise will save your changes.