A VPME Enterprise 8.1 or higher applications automatically includes multilingual (multi-language) capability. No coding is required to make your VPME applications run in the languages you need.
This chapter and the following four chapters describe how to use VPME’s multilingual functionality.
VPME Multilingual features include:
· One application can run in multiple languages.
· Users can change languages on the fly.
· The System Administrator can specify a language for each user.
· Application users can add and modify languages and translations using the VPME Language and Translation Managers included in VPME Multilingual applications..
· Interface strings, fonts (including reports) & data sources can be localized.
· Currency and date formats can be localized..
· Language Translation Templates are provided for the Dutch, French, German, Portuguese, Spanish and Swedish languages. You can create your own Language Translation Templates for other languages.
VPME Multilingual is completely data driven, and yet there is no performance hit when translated interface objects are displayed.
There is no comparable product that can match VPME Multilingual's flexibility and ease-of-use. With VPME Multilingual, you don't have to write one line of code to create Visual FoxPro applications that run in as many languages as you need.
Multi-Language Applications are Mandatory
Professional developers recognize that as the world "shrinks", it is imperative that applications possess the capability to run in multiple languages. Even if you think you don't need VPME Multilingual now, it won't be long before you realize that you can't work without it.